ok serious question can someone please talk me through the various regions of the US because i still don’t understand it
- exactly which states constitute the south?
- am i right in thinking this is a very loaded question? i feel like i’ve seen people yell at each other about it on the internet?
- is there a term for the part of the south that’s not the deep south? the shallow south? the superficial south? the too busy getting laid to read camus in high school south?
- why does the midwest extend so far east????
- is all of the midwest really necessary it seems so excessive??
- and is everything that’s not the east coast or south or west coast the midwest or am i forgetting something???? (aside from hawaii and alaska obvs)
america i am trying to understand you please help?????
This makes me think of nothing so much strap-on’s country music debate.
But I am super excited about this. Everyone is going to be so excited. You know what Americans love? REGIONAL BICKERING! Anyone who doesn’t love regional bickering is probably a communist and can’t be my friend. I hope this post gets 10,000 notes.
But most importantly, there is no point where you get so detailed that people don’t have regional bickering. The Midwest hates the coasts. Michigan hates Chicago. And the people who live in the Upper Peninsula hate people who live in the lower Peninsula and refer to us disparagingly as “trolls” (because we live under the bridge).