Superior sings in the rooms of her ice-water mansion. She never gives up her dead.
Not Being Into Waldorf Education Privilege Checklist
All stupid hobbies need a privilege checklist.
- I don’t have to own Stockmar Brand colored pencils. I don’t even have to own any colored pencils.
- I, or my children, or my students, most likely learned to read while our baby teeth were still in our mouths
- The fact that my lack of fine motor skills makes learning crotchet, calligraphy, knitting or watercolor drawing has never been a problem for me.
- No one has ever attempted to discover my “temperament” by weighing the relative clamminess of my hands.
- I can interacted professionally or socially with people who have serious degrees in education or child development without worrying that they are judging me
- Not being able to correctly pronounced “zoroastrianism” is not likely to be a serious problem for me, especially if I am 9 years old.
- My pop culture memory is uninterrupted by stretches of years when I didn’t watch any TV.
- I, my children, or my students don’t have to worry about being shunned by other children being being a fucking weirdo.
- I, my children, or my students never had to worry about gnomes attacking them, because they were never taught that gnomes are totally real.